Corpus Christi School represents St. Anthony and St. Philip parishes on two campuses and forms one community in Christ. Our Catholic school fosters a love of Jesus and his Gospel, forming lifelong disciples in service to Church and society. As a Blue Ribbon School, Corpus Christi enables its students to achieve academic excellence in a culturally diverse environment.
To understand our school is to know the administration, the faculty, the students, the alumni and the parents. At Corpus Christi School you will discover a community where all are welcome and students are encouraged to reach their fullest potential spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically.
All classes are taught in the light of the Gospel. Religion is taught daily and includes regularly scheduled visits by priests from both Parishes. Students attend weekly Mass and participate in the liturgy as altar servers, and Proclaimers of the Word. Sacramental preparation for Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation takes place in second and eighth grade.
We are proud of Corpus Christi School’s rich history of academic excellence. Our school received the 2009 Department of Education’s Blue Ribbon School award.
- Excellent academics: Standardized tests surpass the local public schools in our area, provided in a value-based environment.
- Language Arts: We follow a traditional program of English grammar, essay writing, cursive handwriting and integration of our literature and social studies curriculum.
- Mathematics Program: Corpus Christi offers advanced math placement beginning in sixth grade. Algebra is offered in seventh or eighth grade to those students who meet the Diocesan requirements. Students who complete algebra in seventh grade are taught geometry in eighth grade.
- Foreign language program: Spanish is taught from kindergarten through eighth grade. The majority of our eighth graders place into Spanish 2 in high school.
- Special Instruction: Art, music, physical education, computer technology, and library instruction are offered to kindergarten through eighth grade. Title 1 services are offered to eligible students.
- Performing Arts: Students may join our Corpus Christi School Choir (Grades 3-8), Corpus Christi Band (grades 4-8) and our Shakespeare Club (Grades 6-8). All three groups rehearse weekly and perform at Diocesan Festivals and our Night of the Arts in May.
- Sports: Corpus Christi School offers CYO track, tennis and basketball teams from grades 3-8. Our sports facilities include a modern double sized gymnasium, playground and outdoor fields.
- Student leadership: Student council, math clubs, science club, and yearbook staff.
By uniquely integrating sound Catholic principles of faith and action into a strong academic curriculum, we prepare students to become responsible, dedicated adults, competent to meet the challenging demands of a complex society. Our students participate in several community outreach projects each year in both parishes.
Kindergarten through eighth grade is located in our Elementary Campus and Preschool for ages 2, 3 and 4 is located in our Early Childhood Center. To learn more about each campus, click on the links at the top right.