FAMILY SERVICE PROGRAM
The purpose of the Family Service Program is to expand the participation of parents and families in our school community in the hopes of achieving more successful fundraising and creating more school spirit. We want families to feel a part of and involved in our school community. For the safety and protection of our students, any adult volunteer who has substantial contact with our students must complete a Diocesan background check and attend a four hour VIRTUS training session on child safety and child abuse prevention. Visit the Volunteering/Virtus link under the PTO menu.
Family Requirements: Our service program requires that each family either perform a minimum number of service hours during the school year or make a monetary payment. All service must be completed or scheduled by May 22, 2017. The service requirements are as follows:
- Full-time families are required to perform 20 hours of service
- 3-Day families are required to perform 15 hours of service.
- 2-Day families are required to perform 10 hours of service.
- This year we are using Sign Up Genius. Families will not be required to fill out a form choosing events. Everyone will be entered into the database and either the school office here at the ECC will sent out emails or the event coordinator. The only form that needs to be filled out is the coordinator form if interested in running an event.
- Full-time families who are not able to perform 20 hours of service are required to make a payment of $200.
- 3-Day families the payment is $150.
- 2-Day families the payment is $100.
- Families opting to buy out should do so by 9/30 if they do not wish to receive volunteer emails. Checks can be made out to Corpus Christi School and sent into school in an envelope marked “Mrs. Stich FSP Buyout”.
Use the CCS Family Service Program Registration Form which is posted below. Please indicate your service interests and return the registration form by September 7th.
Mrs. Ann Stich, Assistant Principal and Preschool Director, will be handling all event entering, background paperwork and Virtus questions firstname.lastname@example.org. Families may also read the Family Service Handbook and which is posted below.